Job Title: Meal Development & Cookery Tutor
Salary: £26,000 per year (37.5 hrs per week) Mon – Fri
Location: Cedarwood Centre, North Tyneside
Contract: Fixed 12 months with possible extension
Cedarwood Trust is a Charity dedicated to improving the quality of lives for residents living in North Shields and the wider North East region. In the last four years, Cedarwood Trust with the leadership of the CEO has become a lead innovator in the region.
Supporting people to access affordable food is a key part of the work we do at Cedarwood, from free meals to people in crisis to supplying ready meals to our social supermarket. During the COVID-19 pandemic, 55,000 free meals were provided to the community.
We are now seeking to expand further into developing a ready meal provision based at the Cedarwood Centre in a brand-new bespoke production unit.
The role is twofold in developing the ready meals service and teach cooking skills to students.
If you are seeking a role that has the developing potential to be a key support service for the communities in our region. Have the skills to motivate, encourage and emphasis with people, this is for you.
As tutor, you will be responsible for delivering weekly cookery sessions to produce the ready meals. With lessons that support students to develop a range of catering skills to support them bridge the transition into employment.
1. To lead weekly cookery sessions, developing and delivering schemes of work, weekly lesson and evaluation plans and end case studies.
2. To support learners in setting and achieving targets in their individual learning programmes. To assess, monitor and track students' progress and achievements.
3. To identify and report any safeguarding concerns.
4. Develop the meals to the door community service and enterprise opportunities.
5. To attend team meetings, undertake staff development courses and participate in supervision and teaching observations.
6. To adhere to Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures within the work placement.
7. To follow all Cedarwood Trust policies and procedures.
8. The job description is a guide, and you will carry out other duties as appropriate and required.
Knowledge and Experience Essential
1. Relevant professional or vocational qualification or substantial experience of catering and hospitality sector.
2. Experience of teaching cookery classes.
3. Ability to work as part of a team.
4. Experience of working with diverse cultures and of addressing the needs of different sectors of the community.
5. The ability to work flexibly under pressure.
6. Knowledge and understanding of Equal opportunities and Diversity, and an ability to ensure that policies are implemented through everyday practices.
7. Evidence of clear and effective communication skills.
8. High level of computer literacy, in particular Microsoft Office and use of email and internet.
9. Appropriate levels of numeracy, language and literacy at a standard required for the role.
10. Professional Qualification in catering and hospitality.
To apply for this role, please contact email@example.com For an application pack.
Closing date: 30th June 2023 at 11am.
If you have not been contacted 3 weeks after this date, you have been unsuccessful in your application.